There are currently no vacancies
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment.
Selly Park Girls' School for Girls is a member of the Oaks Collegiate Academy, which is a close collaboration of 11 Secondary and 7 Primary Schools in South-West Birmingham. Formed in 2002 as a DFE diversity pathfinder, the partnership has well-established systems and structures in place to support member schools and their staff.
Schools within The Oaks Collegiate provide a range of exciting opportunities to accelerate progression in teaching from being a trainee through to becoming a Headteacher.
The Oaks Collegiate provides the latest innovative training for teaching across the age range from 3 to 19 and also includes a Special School. Whether joining as a graduate trainee, NQT or further up the promotion ladder we will provide a level of training and support which far exceeds that which could be offered in a single school or most partnerships. All of our schools and Headteachers are fully committed to releasing staff to participate in the Collegiate events.
Programmes Currently on Offer
A series of workshops and conferences supported by mentors for
- NQT’s and also those in their second year of teaching
- Aspiring middle leaders and newly appointed subject leads
- Head of Department and aspiring Senior Leaders
- Deputy Heads and aspiring Headteachers
- Management and leadership internships
- Teaching School programmes including Improving teaching (6 days) and Outstanding teaching (9 days)
We also provide
- subject specific training with the opportunity for teachers to work together- staff no longer need to feel alone as we cover the whole curriculum from Primary through to Sixth Form
- through our Teaching School Alliance the opportunity to become a Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) or Specialist Leader in SEN
- Specialist Leaders in SEN